Increasing in 2014
How can we increase?
1. Stop stressing and trust God! – Phil 4:6-7: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Psalm 34:7: “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” When we spend time with Him, He plants HIS desires into our hearts. Trust that God is leading you, and don’t allow fear or anxiety to come into your life. Be anxious for nothing!
2. Connect and build relationships – If you’re not developing relationships with others that believe like you do or with others that are stronger than you, then you won’t live a fulfilling life. Prov 27:17: “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Connect with the right people and your life will begin to develop in areas you never realized needed development.
3. Commit– Commit your life to God. Committing to live according to His principles and living by His word will change you into His image. Only He can transform you and make you free from every past struggle, past shame and bad memories that keep you from moving forward with your life.
4. Serve– Serve God with your time, your talents and abilities. Hebrews 6:10: “God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people.” Live to serve others because it shows how much you love God! Loving others IS loving God! Luke 6:38: “Give and it will be given to you, good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use it will measured back to you.” Whatever you give comes back to you multiplied! When you give of your time, your efforts, your money, God gives it back in great measure!
5. Don’t quit and Keep a good attitude! Pushing through and persevering during the difficult times is what builds character. Resistance builds muscle and we need to develop our spiritual muscles to overcome obstacles and walk in authority. It’s also important to keep a good attitude. No one wants to be around someone with a bad attitude. A bad attitude will disqualify you regardless of how talented you are or what you may have to offer. God is faithful to do what He has promised in His timing. We just have to keep going and keep singing!! Good things are worth waiting on! Benefits in a good job don’t kick in until you’ve been there a while. Gal 6:9: “Don’t get weary in well doing for in due season (or at the “proper time”) we will reap a harvest if we do not give up!” There is a “due season” and a “proper time” and God has not forgotten about you! Follow His plan and you will increase in 2014!